Sunday, November 11, 2007

Things changed when I rolled 666 skill points...


"The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil." - Hannah Arendt

Well I guess I no longer walk the path of neutrality. When the number of the beast appeared as the number of experience points I earned in skill I knew it could not be a good omen. Things changed after that. A fork appeared along the path he walked and he chose the darker more sinister looking of the two. The subtle changes should have been enough hint of what was to come. He cast aside his Bright Chainmail armor and donned the new Dark Plate. His Golden Harvest tattoo overwritten with The Eyes of Skorm. The definative point, however, came in the arena. His long time friend and rival and he stood side by side in the arena having just vanquished all foes. Two victors remained yet only one prize could be won. The official demanded a duel to the death and to the victor a bonus prize. "Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King. This statement is true, and in the arena Greed reared it's ugly head. Scynthe had defeated his friend but had not killed her yet. She pleaded for her life, but it was all in vain, there was no changing his path. With a final blow it was over. The crowd cheered and for a while I was caught up in the applause, then guilt struck me. It was too late to change what he had done, but he was starting to regret it. 10000 gold, while a tidy sum, could have been easily enough attained later through other means. It was too late for that now though. He would have to live with the consequences of his actions and a brother who has sworn vengeance for the death of his sister.

So yeah... I kinda went the whole opposite direction with the neutrality thingy... >.> I guess this character can be evil afterall. Maybe I'll play through again later with a purely good character to offset my new evil ways. Or perhaps redemption is possible for his heinous actions. Only time will tell.

Todays Fitness Age: 34

Thats all for today. Check back tomorrow for more!


Scynthe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just because no one leaves you comments and I know that secretly makes you sad; I just want to point out that you seemed way too happy when you made the decision to kill her...

Seriously, your eyes lit up and you did this creepy thing with your face as you shut you lap top and said happily, "I am going to kill her" ... you scared me :P