Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!


Damned talking mushrooms! Why do you have so many castles anyways??!



Well one game down, unknown amount to go. I figured if I was starting off what better place to start than with Super Mario Bros. for the NES. I remember when this game came out and how badly I wanted a NES so I could play it. Prior to that the majority of my gaming was done on my Atari 2600 and my Colecovision. The NES seemed like such a big step up from those older systems. It was one of the first games I can remember really wanting and really playing alot when I was younger but I never remembered beating it until now. Playing it was fun, but I found it to be very frustrating at times. For a while World 1-3 was the bane of my existance. I had such a hard time with that one for some reason. And in the later levels I don't remember coming across a single mushroom. Running around as regular Mario just isnt anywhere as fun as being Super Mario and smashing those blocks. Speaking of which, is Super Mario Bros the first game with destructable environments?

On another note, less than 2 weeks until Rockband is released. I'm soooo excited. I've always loved the Guitar Hero games and though its an unrelated franchise, Rockband seems to be the next logical progression. I'm going to grab my copy as soon as the store opens. I can't wait to get my hands on the drums that come with it.

Next game TBD. Check back to find out!

No comments: