Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry New Yearsmas!


Heyo, Sorry for the lack of updates. A combination of the holidays and a hefty work load has left me with little to no time to play games. I did get Rockband though!

My tale begins and on a cold and stormy night. Well it was cold, but not so stormy. I had just gotten back into town from working and was quite hungry. I decided I'd stop in to Gino's Pizza (PLUG! Gimme free pizza Gino's!!!) and grab a panzerotti for dinner. While I waited anxiously for it to be made I walked over to Roger's Video (PLUG x2! Gimme free movies/games Roger's!!!) to browse while I waited. As I entered the store my eyes fell upon a large box. On the box was written "RockBand". My jaw dropped and I looked at the clerk at the counter and asked "Oh my god, is that Rock Band?". The clerk looked at me and said yes. I asked if they had the Xbox360 bundle and they did. I can't remember exactly what I said but it was something along the lines of "OMG Gimme!". 176$ later I had Rockband!... and to a lesser note, a panzerotti too! I had to go out right afterwards so I didn't get a chance to play for a little while. Alex and Matt came over when I got back and we ripped it open and formed a band. We named our band 'Ebola Cubed' which in itself is it's own story. I took up the Drums while Alex plucked Bass and Matt shredded on Lead Guitar.

Intermission! ~Let's all go to the lobbbyy and get ourselves a snack!~

For Christmas I was heading to my sisters in London. I brought Rockband with me so that while we were at her boyfriend's parents on Christmas Eve. That went well for a while until the unthinkable happened! My nephew knocked over my Xbox360 with the game still running! I rushed to the system and opened the disc tray and to my dismay the disc has a ring in it from where the laser struck it in the impact. I nearly cried. My sister offered to buy me a new disc but finding one now would be next to impossible. I packed up Rockband and tried not to think about it for the rest of the day. On my way back on Christmas day I stopped for gas in Brantford and across from the gas station was a Blockbuster (PLUG x3! Gimme free movies/games Blockbuster!!!) that was open and to my surprise they offered a disc refinishing service. None of the other stores around Hamilton offer that to my knowledge. I went in and asked if they could refinish it and they said they could but it would only be a 50/50 chance of it working. I said that was better than nothing and handed them the disc. They felt so bad for me about which game it was and how hard it was to find that they did the refinishing for free. I got the game home and popped it in and it worked again! Crisis averted! Time will tell if its completely fixed but it appears to be working at the moment. I may still run into a spot that wont read properly but lets hope that doesn't happen.

Well that's my tale. Exciting eh?

Lot's of video game purchases made over the last few days. (Yay boxing day sales!) I'll list what I got next post. For now I'm off!

Ciao
Scynthe

No comments: