Saturday, December 8, 2007

Lordy, lordy! 2 for 40!!


First off, sorry for the poor image quality but until EA and their stupid website starts working properly I'm reduced to taking pictures of the TV. This was my starting car. Aside from visual upgrades it is completely stock. I managed to defeat Kenji (the first boss) with this and won his car. I switched to his RX-7 since it was Tier 2 and finished the next two bosses with that car. For the third race wars though I had to upgrade the RX-7 so it could compete with Tier 3 cars. I bought a Mistubishi Lancer with as soon as Tier 3 cars were available for purchase. I upgraded that one up the wazzoo and proceeded to take down the final boss. It took a few tries but I eventually beat him and finished the career mode. I've finally beaten NFS: Carbon after having it for over a year. One thing that annoys me though is the fact that I didn't unlock any achievements aside from the ones for beating career mode. All other achievements in this game cannot be accomplished while playing career races. You have to either go online or go into free roam to complete them. I like having achievements, but I don't want to go that far out of my way for them. So I guess I'll have to live with a measly 2 acheivments for this game.

While somewhat on the topic of street racing, the government of Ontario is revoking a Reverend named Jo from renewing his custom plates. They read "Rev Jo" and the government fears that this might encourage street racing. Silly peoples and their silly rules...

Rogers Video has it's "2 for 40$" sale on again. Any two used games for 40$. I bought Bioshock, Timeshift, Two Worlds and Ace Combat 6. Each was priced at 40$ individually but I got all 4 for 80$. I think I will trade Ace Combat 6 into blockbuster once I beat it as I really have no desire to keep it. The trade in value for it is 38$ and I officially only paid 20$ for it! I could probably trade all these in and make a decent profit since they are all fairly new games.

Anyways, gonna play some more Ace Combat 6 before I leave for my RP group tonight. Catch ya later!

Scynthe

No comments: