Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I like my women like I like my cars... old and rusty...


That's actually the furthest from the truth. "I like my women like I like my cars... new-ish, clean, with low kilometers and preferably with a warranty against defects" is more like what I would say.

I decided that Need For Speed: Carbon for the Xbox360 would be the next game I play. This was the first game I got when I bought my 360. I was a big fan of the Need For Speed: Underground series, and while this was not a direct sequel to them, it was along the same lines. I almost finished this game once when I got it but I am going to start over fresh. I have the wireless racing wheel as well which I didn't have last time I played so it should be a completely different experience.

A while ago I built a stand for the racing wheel that would support it and the pedals. It was big and clunky and took up a lot of space so eventually I just disassembled it and popped it in the basement. Today I brought it back out and redesigned it. I used a lot of the old pieces but added some new functionality to it. I replaced some screws with carriage bolts and washers to make better pivot points and added special hinges on the bottom of it. It now is collapsable, locks shut and can be adjusted for different heights. You can also change the angle at which the wheel faces you. Kind of like a low-tech tilt feature you find on real cars. I'm in the middle of painting it now. Once this first coat dries and the second coat goes on I'll take a pictures so you can see it for my next post. Then I can get back into playing NFS: Carbon.

Scynthe

No comments: